Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Kids

Finding amusements for the kids is something I like to do for my niece and nephew. They already know quite a bit about the net but I like to keep throwing things (not just net) to keep them interested and inspired. The two sites I sent them recently, just for amusement sake, are: http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/fortune.php Photo Fortune, a site that is a 3rd party tool on Flickr, gives a fortune and associated photos each day, and http://www.stardoll.com/en/ Stardoll the nearest I've ever come to buying a doll for her. Not that I played with it mind you, but apparently you can choose a 'star' and then choose fashion for her. Dress up dolls on the net. I figure these, while not the most interesting things on the net (hey they've been using APOD for years and that's way more interesting), simple entertainment in a different format is similar to letting kids read comics just to make sure they continue to read. Reading is good, the net is good. Encouraging the kids to get involved is always a good thing.

No comments: